Cataract surgery is a quick procedure that is complete within 1 hour:
- Drops will be put into your eye to dilate the pupil and the area around the eye will be washed
- Most cataract patients choose to be awake during their eye surgery, others may request to be put to sleep
- For those who choose to stay awake, eye drops will be used to numb the areas around the eye and pupil
- A small incision is made in the eye and a probe is inserted
- The probe uses ultrasound waves to break up the cataract to allow for easy removal of the cataract and the damaged eye lens
- Once the cataract extraction is complete and the lens removed, an intraocular lens is placed inside the lens capsule -the pouch that holds the natural eye lens
If there are no complications from cataract surgery, patients can return home the same day. Immediately after cataract operations vision is blurred and opthalmologists recommend the patient has somebody to assist them.
Get a FREE quote for Cataract Surgery
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.